Sunday, August 31, 2008

Poor Macey


So, Saturday evening I was taking Macey outside to do her business before I had to go off and watch my kids--like every Saturday. There was another dog outside playing with his owner. At my apartment complex you are supposed to have your dog on a leash at all times. "Scotty" a large retreiver wasn't on a leash but he is trained and comes as commanded. His owner was picking up after him and "Scotty" ran over to say Hi. Macey was over to the side piddling and Scotty was circling me looking for some loves. He is a beautiful dog and very friendly. He plays ball with his owner and they use the open grass area for excersice for him. But as soon as Macey came over to say Hi he attacked her. I have Macey on a retractable leash and I was trying to reel her in and seperate them. I couldn't and started sreaming. Scotty was growling and biting Macey like crazy and Macey was attacking back but Scotty was much bigger than Macey and she didn't have a chance. Scotty had her by the neck and had her pinned to the ground. Scotty's owner ran over and seperated the two and a couple of neighboors came out to see what all the screaming was. Poor little Macey was sopping wet because the sprinklers had been on and was shivering like crazy. I sliced my finger when I was trying to pull the leash and I was really shook up. Scottys owner aploigised and said that he gets defensive when he has his ball--thinking that Macey wanted to take his ball from him. I checked out Macey and she didn't have any bite marks on her. I told Scotty's owner that she was alright and that we were just shooken up. My neighbor double checked Macey and everything was good with the exception of my sliced finger. Scotty and his owner took off kinda fast "tails between their legs" but it was alright. I now know that we need to keep the two dogs seperate. Poor Macey--I think this is the only attack she has had with the exception of fighting with Riley. She is a senior citizen--at the rip old age of 11

1 comment:

Juline said...

poor macey! I am sad that happened but at least you are both alright. We didn't have much action this weekend... just hung out at home and relaxed.It was nice! Oh kohen id full on walking now...woohoo!