Sunday, August 2, 2009

TONCILITIS IS FOR KIDS!!!!


On Thursday I started having a scratchy throat so I doped up on the Aiborne and the Echinacea. But as the days progressed It didn't go away and knowing that I am headed to girls camp on tuesday I would hate to be sick up on the mountain. I headed to the doctor Sunday morning and instead of hearing STREP THROAT or SINUS infection I was diagnoised with TONCILITIS?? And it does feel like I am swallowing a toncil. So where does one contract this when one isn't working and has mostly stayed at home all week?? Oh yes I remember--I touched a kid, twice. It was my friends kid and I doubt the child was ill but I have theory's about me and kids. My theory is they get me sick!!!!!
But Meds should kick in and I should be good to go to camp on Tuesday. Thank goodness I have lots of popcicles in the freezer!!!
I remember when we were little the three of us kids were always getting strep throat. There was always a bottle of pink anti-biotics in the fridge or when you got older you could opt for the pill form or if you didn't want the hassel and were feeling brave you would go for the Anti-biotic shot which hurt like hell and you Ass would be in pain for 24 hours. My Dad would always blame it on the dishwasher thinking it wasn't getting the dishes clean enough and thought we should clean them by hand. But the whole time it was my little bratty brother Jeffrey speading his germs to us. When he finally got his toncils out he was proably in the 2nd grade we never got strep again. I did feel for the little guy---He was on bed rest and was getting lots of fluids and popscicles and unfortunatly it was when the soda "SLICE" came out and my mom gave him some and it burned his poor little throat. I remember him screaming.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

That's not cool.