Sunday, November 2, 2008

NEW JOB


I got a new job at Toscana Country Club. I'm really excited about the position. I will be a therapist in a brand new spa in Indian Wells. The property is a few years old and has been waiting for the clubhouse to open. It is beautiful and one of the nicest I have seen. It is smaller but has couple's treatments rooms and outdoor showers and private baths. I will still keep my current jobs but go to on-call status at the Westin Hotel covering shifts when available. I feel honored to have been offered a position at this new spa seeing that they only hired around ten therapists and have never been apart of a new team opening a brand new spa.
I am excited for the upcoming "Season" this year and hope that the economy doesn't hurt my income too much. I feel I made a good decision changing jobs after finding out that the hotel industry is expecting low numbers and huge losses this upcoming year. My manager at the Westin was told that 2009 was going to be worse than 911 for the Hotel industry. So by working at the country clubs I am hopeing that it will be busier--knowing that the clients there aren't hurting like the rest of us.
Living out here in the desert we work alot when the "Season" hits which is when the snowbirds come to town. They start arriving when the golf courses open back up at the first of November and then stay till May enjoying the beautiful weather and top golf courses. So when you are shoveling snow and scraping off windows this winter think of me enjoying weather in the high 80's and driving around with the windows down. Ahhh the life of California!!!!!!

No comments: