Sunday, October 12, 2008

BEST BABYSITTER EVER--so I've been told



So many of you know that on Saturday nights I get the oppertunity to hang out with Tyler and Kyleigh. I'm offically the babysitter but really we just hang out. No need to parent these well behaved kids. We usually go to the movies and to dinner then come home and watch movies. I love hearing about how school is going for them and how Tyler is doing in sports. They also get a kick out of my funny stories of when I was growing up. Tyler is 14 and Kyleigh is 11. I have known them for three years now and have loved every minute of it. It's crazy because their mom is my age and these kids could be mine so it's a trip. But I get the best of both worlds. I get to have kids on Saturday night and then get to go home and be kid free during the week. Tyler is big time into sports and plays on the freshmen football team at his high school. He also plays basketball and went to a special camp during the summer. Kyleigh is into dance and when they have recitals she is in all of the dances. I get most of my fashion updates from Kyleigh because she is in the know about what is hot. Both of these kids are super smart and have excellent grades. So kudos to their parents for raising such smarties!! And we all have a love for dogs--they have three cocker spaniels that I also tend when they go out of town. I love these kids and I get a kick to think that I am helping them grow up to be awesome young adults. Though this past weekend we went to the River an outdoor mall and they both walked ahead of me not wanting to be seen with the "Babysitter." Teenagers I guess???

2 comments:

Juline said...

I bet your a rockin' babysitter! I am happy you have fun with them. They seem like cool kids.Oh...no luck with the rental hunting. i think we might just have to get an apartment. Eberything else we look at seems to sound good until I see it. Then all I want to do is run away. It's pretty bad!Wish me luck!
ttys!

Jennifer said...

When did these two get to be so big? Holy cow! I wouldn't even have recognized Tyler!!