Monday, October 20, 2008

DIRECT TV SUCKS

When I signed up for a bundle package with Verizon and Direct TV I was going to be saving money and would be getting more channels than with my regular cable. Boy has this been a nightmare. Direct TV was late on their scheduled instalation and had to be rescheduled for the following week. And that day they were an hour and half late. They tried to charge me equipment fees and have signed me up for the wrong package so I am getting charged for a bigger package than I signed up for. I have spent tons of time on the phone with the company and my problem never gets resolved and their response it that the package I signed up for they claim doesn't exist--although I always have the contract right in my hand. I have been so frustrated and have threatend to quit the contract but they say that it will cost me over $340 and I don't have that kind of money. I have now told them I am contacting the better business buearu and will be contacting the company with my complaint. With a glimpse of hope I contacted the guy that signed me up for the package that works for Verizon and he is going to have his manager contact me and get it all figured out. Stating that I should have never even been charged from Direct TV and that the bill should come from Verizon. Crazy huh!!! Be wary of bundeling and special packages. Hopefully this doesn't happen to any of you. All this for the love of TV.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I agree with you on that. I did a bundle at our place and our billing has never been right or at the priced that was promised. I was also signed up with a 2 year contract that I was never told about. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT A CONTRACT!

Well Some information to help you get out of there mess Direct TV has an account on hold program that only costs a few dollars a month but will allow you to get out of a contract with them.

Oh and Lisa Super Dell is Freaking Nuts.

Juline said...

looks like jeff already filled you in....I concur!

They suck!